Wednesday, February 22, 2012


In the tradition of hollywood, we did some photo-retouching. using tools such as the spot healing brush, the blur tool, and the patch tool, we can make people look more attractive (according to pop-culture). Photo retouching is commonplace, and creates an unattainable standard of image that some people try to achieve anyway. Go society!


I'm too lazy to add the before for this one...

Monday, February 13, 2012

Penguin doing Sick Grinds

Today's project was paint splats. Most commonly used tool: gradient tool.
Enjoy this penguin grinding down a hill. (with a colorful trail)

Like a boss.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pew Pew Pew

Using the RGB colorwheel, i made a colorful assortment of finger guns! I mainly used layer blending to make the wheel disappear, and make the guns colorful. Imaginary death has never looked so pretty.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Colorized Exo

In class we messed around with layer blending and threshold adjustment
I recolored an Exo from Nuclear Dawn. In ND, Exos are a unparreled force of destruction, but for now, it just looks classy.

Turned out pretty well, but unexplained photoshop errors required me to do a printscreen, which may cause a loss of quality.

Anyway, enjoy!



Thursday, February 2, 2012

Unit One!

Unit one of Comp art is complete! here is my stuff!

Project 1: Angry Pancakes: My first foray into the magical exciting land of photoshop, this pancake is rather angry. Not my best, but its an okay first attempt.

 Who wants pancakes?

Project 2: Frog tongue: my second foray, I'm getting a bit better. first use of clone tool and drop shadow. not too shabby for my second project

You might want to get that looked at...

Project 3: splatfant: not exactly a "splat" or a "fant" my plaid puffin still manages to stay classy. Creating the puffin used mainly the warp tool and opacity settings. 

They've gone to plaid!

Newimals: My combination of a penguin and gull turned out rather well, color blending was quite annoying. any gaps made by removing gull parts were replaced by the clone tool. much fine tuning was required.

Flying Penguin!

Clone Project:  The clone project utilized mainly the eraser and the ordering of layers. unfortunately, due to the sheer number of layers, some distortion was inevitable. next time, I should consider using the polygonal selection tool instead of the eraser. All in all, the Max Horder turned out pretty well, and is as ravenous as ever.
I seem to have developed a taste for brains...